Starting a series of pre natal massage is a wonderful way of preparing a woman for childbirth as it helps her to cope and feel more comfortable as her body changes with pregnancy.
This massage not only helps to minimize muscle tension that causes day-long fatigue during her pregnancy, but it also helps to sooth and reassure her as she prepares for labour and motherhood. These are some of the reasons why more and more pregnant ladies are opting for pre natal massage.
Some Of The Benefits
- It helps to relieve the stress on your weight bearing joints such as your ankles, neck, back and pelvis from the additional load
- It helps to decrease swelling in your hands and feet by promoting blood and lymph circulation to and fro your extremities and heart
- An emotional support through a healing and nurturing touch to the expecting mother
- Helps to improve delivery and reduce labor-related spasmic pain, as we help to prepare the muscles associated with childbirth
- Induces relaxation and helps the expecting mothers to sleep better (combating insomnia)
- Improves the expecting mother’s sleep quality
- Reduces anxiety and depression
- Helps to maintain and boost proper, healthy posture
- Regulates your blood pressure
- Assists in the natural process of eliminating lactic acid build uo as well as enhancing circulation and lymphatic systems naturally
Ttherapeutic bodywork specifically tailored for the expectant mother’s needs as her body goes through changes. This massage enhances the function of muscles and joints, improves circulation and general body tone, as well as relieves mental and physical fatigue.
When Can I Start Going For Massage?
For a regular deep tissue massage, you can continue it ongoing as it is safe. For a specific pre-natal massage however, it is only suitable from the second trimester (end of 3 months of pregnancy, and beginning 4th month).
Note of caution: There is no known association of increase chances of miscarriage due to massage. However, it is advised that proper medical consultation be sought prior to having the massage. It is, however, not recommended for expectant mothers in their first trimester.
Just given birth and feeling tired? Consider our post natal massage sessions to help your body recover =)