New mothers often tends to feel physically and mentally tired and fatigued, due to the sheer physical stress during the delivery. And it’s the same experience for all new mothers, be it their delivery was through normal or C-section deliveries.
The goal and role of massage is that it helps to provide relief to the stresses from a rapid transition of a pregnant mother, undergoing delivery to caring for a baby after delivery. The massage will also help to replenish the body’s vital energy that is lost through the labor and delivery.
Almost all mothers experience lower back ache and muscle soreness. Plus, it is very important for wind in the stomach and abdomen to be removed using the proper post natal massage technique – failure to do so often leads to her stomach looking and becoming permanently bloated.
Other Benefits Of Post Pregnancy Massage
- Improve blood and lymph circulation in the new mother’s body
- Reduces the post-delivery swelling that all new mothers experience
- Ease the built up muscle tension leading to tight and sore muscles
- Reduce the onset of stretch marks that is related to pregnancy
- Pushes the uterus upwards and helps the uterus to return to normal size (note: applicable only for normal delivery)
- Removes additional wind, fluid retention and muscle spasms after the delivery
- Reduces cellulite from forming / becoming permanent
- Helps to tone the muscles and body by stimulating and massaging them
- Induces a state of relaxation that helps you to sleep better, combating insomnia and sleeplessness
- Relaxed and massaged muscles help you to decrease fatigue, allowing you to move better
- Helps to reduce migraines and headaches
- Reduces post natal depression
Pregnant? Congratulations! If you’re in the second trimester (Month 4 onwards), consider our Pre Natal Massage Singapore Services =)