TCM Facial Rejuvenation And Sculpting Therapy is a wonderful timeless beauty therapy practised by the Chinese since the Sung Dynasty (960-1279AD). According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, it improves circulation and stimulates the body’s natural anti-aging powers.
How it is done
You are advised to bring your own facial cleanser and moisturiser for cleaning your face before the start of the therapy. Do not put on any make up before you come for the therapy. At the start of the therapy, assessment and pulse and tongue diagnosis will be done by the TCM physician to understand your general state of health. Then you will wash your face and treatment will commence with a combination of different TCM techniques such as facial acupressure, facial sculpting and acupuncture with hair-thin needles on the face and body. Depending on individual conditions, each session can be 30 min or 60 min long.
A complete course of treatment is 10 to 12 sessions, 1 to 3 sessions a week. The measure of improvement depends on the individual. Factors such as diet, exercise and lifestyle also contribute to the effectiveness of the treatments.
Benefits of TCM Facial Rejuvenation And Sculpting Therapy
- Increases collagen production and has an effect on its dispersal
- Firms sagging skin
- Helps to minimize fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduces dark circles and puffiness under the eyes
- Improves skin complexion and gives a healthy glow
- Reduces double chin
- Tightens pores
- Brightens the eyes
- Helps to eliminate puffiness by improving metabolism, and thus eliminating excess fluids
- Improves hormonal balance and hormone-based skin conditions
- Balances sebaceous secretions to treat dry skin and oily skin acne
- Improves facial colour by the increase of peripheral circulation
- Non-invasive unlike surgery
- Less costly and safer than surgery, chemical peels and injections
- Restores balance to the body with body acupuncture restorative treatments
Points to Consider
- Do not expect instant results. Some people witness improvement after their very first session but results will naturally vary on the individual. Usually at least 6 treatments are needed to see change in skin tone and texture. Missed treatments will reduce the effectiveness of treatment. Important to complete sessions in timely manner.
- Treatments are enhanced and will last longer when coupled with good lifestyle habits such as healthy eating and exercise. Bad habits will adversely affect your results and therefore will show up on your face.
- Your age can influence the number of sessions and expectations of results. As you get older, you can’t expect to look like you were at 20. Larger wrinkles can be smoothed but usually not eliminated. A lot of sagging may not all become taut. Very deep eye bags may improve but may not be eliminated. You will look younger, feel better but some lines and sagging will obviously still remain.
Contraindications (when we can’t use this technique)
- Heart disorders
- Diabetes mellitus
- High blood pressure
- Severe migraine
- Easy bruising
- Abnormal clotting
- Acute cold or flu
- Cut or irritated skin
- Former facial plastic surgery or other procedures and implants
- Expectant mothers