It is an ancient therapy that is part of traditional acupuncture, particularly used for treatment of emergency cases such as loss of consciousness, high fever and swellings.
Most of the blood letting therapy focuses on the treatment of peripheries and peripheral joints such as the fingers and toes; mainly to decrease excessive conditions such as heat conditions and fluids retention/swelling.
Clinical applications of blood letting therapy Singapore
To understand, there are fourteen (14) meridians distributed in our entire body, they are interconnected and they provide flow of qi (energy) and blood to provide nourishment to our organs and limbs, as well as protect the health and well being of our body.
There fourteen meridians can be attacked by any of the following factors:
- emotional factors
- trauma / traumatic factors (affects normal body functions)
- qi and blood
- ying and wei
- yin and yang
By working on the factors, treatment is provided based on different meridians. Blood letting therapy Singapore is able to remove stagnation and blood statis pathogenic factors as well as recover the normal functions of our body.
In the event of excessive syndromes of cold or heat, where the superficial veins can be seen, it becomes suitable to administer the blood letting therapy until these supervision veins disappear.
However, if the meridians are short and are cyan in color, without any signs of being excessive, then it means that it is a deficient syndrome – in this case, blood letting is not suitable.
Accurate diagnosis is necessary before blood letting therapy Singapore
Usually, this technique is applicable to stagnation and blood stasis in meridians, and as it is a reductionistic approach, which is more suitable to excessive syndromes.
The Chinese Physician has to consider if the diagnosis or treatment is proper or not, and needs to follow detailed examination. If the physician finds signs of stagnation and blood stasis on the patient’s body surface, adequate and proper blood letting therapy can be used to get good clinical results.
Whether blood letting is suitable for you or not will be determined by our Chinese physician, who will assess you and advise you from their assessment.
Commonly used blood letting methods
There are 3 methods of this therapy
- Pricking method: the physician will prick one or a few spots with a sharps instrument (usually a three-edged needle); induce bleeding. And where bleeding is enough, we will avoid possible creation of deep and big wounds. This method has a wide applicable range.
- Scattered method: The scattered method approach is eruptions or maculae with three-edged needle or thick filiform needle, sallow and frequent needling over an area of skin, until blood balls appear.
- Cutting method: the physician will sallowly cut and cause local lesions by a using a thick needle for more bleeding, for example, in erysipelas therapy. Strict disinfection is always a necessity before manipulation to avoid and prevent infection.
Applications of bloodletting
The following conditions are suitable for blood letting:
- Reddening, swelling, fever and pain, sourness and numbness.
- Chronic and cold diseases, with blood stasis sings.
- Acute and heat disease, hypertension, psychosis, even without blood stasis signs, bloodletting can be manipulated on the our extremities
Contraindication of this approach
Who is not suitable for this therapy?
People with weak constitutions with blood deficiency; hypotension (low blood pressure); hemophilia; pregnant woman and habitual abortion; varix, but should not misdiagnose as blood stasis.