- Repetitive strain injuries (e.g. carpal tunnel syndrome, De Quervain’s tenosynovitis, trigger finger)
- Carpal and wrist instabilities, sprains and tears
- Tendon injuries and repairs
- Fractures of the elbow, forearm, wrist, hand, and fingers
- Nerve compression and injuries
- Chronic conditions (e.g. arthritis)
Maria obtained her degree in Occupational Therapy from Trinity College Dublin, Ireland, in 2013. She is a strong believer in lifelong learning, attending and speaking at conferences worldwide and is currently pursuing her Masters in Hand Therapy from the University of Derby, United Kingdom. She has experience working in various clinical settings in which she developed a keen interest in the rehabilitation of the hand and upper extremity.
Maria finds it rewarding to use her knowledge and skills as a Hand Therapist to help people return to optimal function, performance and sports. She will conduct a comprehensive assessment of your injury, to target and treat the source of the problem. She employs a variety of therapeutic interventions, including custom orthotic fabrication, activity and exercise programs, dry needling, and taping to help a person return to their highest level of function.